The hoohaah Barr Ellison 10k at Ickworth
Organised by Just Happen Ltd t/a hoohaah, supported by Active Training World
JOIN US FOR THE hoohah BARR ELLISON 10k AT ICKWORTH ON SUNDAY 22ND MAY 2022
The hoohaah Barr Ellison 10k at Ickworth is the third in our series of four 10k races which can be entered as a standalone event or as part of the series. The offer of a free hoohaah hoodie for completion of 3 of the 4 races in the series has now ended as the hoodies are ordered and no further orders can be taken. If you are entitled to a hoodie, you will be given this on completion of your 3rd race.
This single lap, traffic free route starts in front of the classical rotunda and follows the Ickworth Monument multi-use trail through the parkland and woodland of this stunning National Trust estate. Ickworth is nestled in rolling countryside and some moderate hills form part of the course.
Please read the Race Information here.
- Location: The Rotunda, Horringer, Bury Saint Edmunds IP29 5QE
- Minimum Age: 15yrs (as at 22/05/2022)
- Start Time: 9:00am
Open to: Solo entrants only
- Entry Fees (per ticket type): £21.00 . Series entries from £42.00
- UKA/BTF License No: n/a
- Event Cancellation Policy: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond the organiser’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any future hoohaah event.
- Refund Policy: hoohaah does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer to another hoohaah event or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout.
- Official Event Website: https://hoohaah.co.uk/
- Event Organiser: Just Happen Ltd t/a hoohaah supported by Active Training World
- Organiser email: email@example.com
Anyone who entered up to 18th May, will receive their race number in the post. If you are expecting a race number in the post and it does not arrive, you will be able to collect a number at registration on the day.
Any entries after midday on 18th May will not be posted and entrants should collect their packs from registration on the day.
Registration will be open from 07:30am until 08:45. Please arrive in sufficient time to collect your race number.
This 10km route meanders through the parkland and woodland on a hard-standing multi-use trail. Some moderate hills form part of the route but it is perfectly suited to beginners or more experienced trail runners.
Km markers and marshals will be posted along the route.
Map to be uploaded.
hoohaah 2022 events are raising funds for the fantastic charity Power2Inspire – https://www.power2inspire.org.uk -whose aim is to see a society where everyone can enjoy inclusive sport together and who deliver sporting events for everyone to enjoy regardless of age, gender, faith, ethnicity or disability. We would ask competitors to try to obtain sponsorship for their run. A suggested minimum figure to raise would be £25. However, sponsorship is entirely voluntary and is not a pre-requisite for entry to the run.
In addition we will be collecting food donations for Cambridge City Foodbank – https://cambridgecity.foodbank.org.uk/ – at each of our events. We will publish a ‘shopping list’ of food that is needed, as provided to us via the charity, just before each run. Donations are gratefully received but please donate items from the shopping list only.
Throughout our 10 years of race organization runners have never failed to heap praise on our volunteer marshals – they are a tremendous team many of whom return year on year to help us.
If you have some time to give and enjoy spending it outdoors do please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. No previous experience is required!
Custom designed medal for all finishers to be collected at the end of the race.
*** New for 2022*** If you would prefer to forego a medal we are offering a ‘Green Race Entry’ whereby hoohaah will donate the cost of producing your medal to global tree planting initiatives via Just One Tree – https://www.justonetree.life
Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 male and female finishers, and the first male and female in the following categories (over45, over55 and over 65)
The presentation of prizes will take place between 11 and 11.15am subject to getting the results from the chip timer. Only prizes for the first 3 men and women over the line will be awarded on the day. All other age category prizes will be posted after the event.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest
Parking for race participants is free. Please have a copy of your race place confirmation email either printed or handy on your phone to present at the kiosk.
Please note that all spectators/supporting family and friends will be required to pay entry admission, unless they are National Trust members displaying their current NT membership sticker and in possession of a membership card. Spectator admission charges can be found here https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/ickworth#Prices
Please note these charges are levied by the National Trust and not hoohaah.
Toilets, Changing and Bag Storage
Toilets are available in the main car park.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a manned baggage area.
While we love dogs and have them ourselves we do not allow runners to run with their dog.
The terrain is not suitable for wheelchair users
The terrain is not suitable for buggies.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
Yes. Every km
This is a traffic free route.
In line with England Athletics guidelines, the use of head/earphones is strictly prohibited as you will not be able to hear marshals’ safety instructions or other warnings but we will allow bone conduction headphones . Sections of the course are also fairly narrow and you could be a danger to yourself and other runners if you fail to hear them approaching to overtake. The wearing of head/earphones will lead to disqualification.
hoohaah does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond hoohaah’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any future hoohaah event.
The details of the athlete I am entering into this race will be passed onto the event organisers for the administration of the race.
Where specified on the booking form, any medical information provided will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 15 as at 22/05/2022.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by hoohaah for the safe running of the event.
6) Pictures and video footage may be used on the hoohaah website or those of our sponsors and on marketing material and media write ups. All competitors entering the race agree to their photograph being used for these purposes.
hoohaah does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer to another hoohaah event or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond hoohaah’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (excluding booking fee).
- Prices do not include the 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
- Please consider adding a donation to your cart.
|£25 Donation - Power2Inspire||£25|
|£10 Donation - Power2Inspire||£10|
|£5 Donation - Power2Inspire||£5|